David C. Nahm
Born and raised in rural Kentucky, David C. Nahm has practiced law in Rockingham County since 2007. Since that time, Mr. Nahm focused his legal practice in the areas of real property law and trust and estate litigation. He handles commercial and residential real estate transactions, including drafting purchase agreements, easements and loan documents. He has represented clients before boards of zoning appeals, planning commissions and city councils throughout the Shenandoah Valley. His experience and knowledge with complex real estate title matters allows him to best protect his clients’ interest. In addition, he has over a decade of experience representing families in a wide range of cases–from will contests to the sale of family land. His experience, knowledge and empathy give him insight as to how best to protect the interest of his clients.
Mr. Nahm has been named among the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Legal Elite for Civil Litigation for two years in a row (2017 and 2018). He was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2015 to 2017. He served for a number of years on the City of Harrisonburg’s Board of Zoning Appeals. In 2018 he was appointed by the Rockingham County Circuit Court as a Commissioner in Chancery. He has served on the Harrisonburg/Rockingham County Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee for a decade and has been the chair of the committee since 2011. He is on the board of directors for the Collins Center. Mr Nahm has taught both Constitutional Law and Law and Literature at James Madison University and Eastern Mennonite University.
Mr. Nahm lives in Rockingham County with is wife and daughter. When not practicing law, he enjoys playing music and reading.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Centre College of Kentucky, B.A., 1997
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Professionalism Committee Chair, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association (2011-present)
- Professionalism Committee Member, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association (2009-present)
- Secretary, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association (2009-2010)
- Adjunct Professor, Justice Studies Department, James Madison University (2012-2014)
- Adjunct Professor, History Department, Eastern Mennonite University (2011-2012)
- Blue Ridge Legal Services Pro Bono Award (2009; 2018)
- The Docket Call, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyer Division Newsletter, Corporate Law Columnist (2008-2010)
- The Collins Center, Board of Directors (2014-present)