Karen L. Rowell
Karen L. Rowell grew up in Roanoke County, Virginia, graduating from Cave Spring High School. She received her baccalaureate degree in Family & Child Development from Virginia Tech and her juris doctor from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary. Ms. Rowell served as a Cryptologic Technician Interpretive in the United States Navy for five years prior to attending law school and has been practicing law in Harrisonburg since 2008.
Ms. Rowell focuses on drafting estate planning documents, including: wills, trusts, advanced medical directives, and powers of attorney. She also specializes in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security Benefits, financial and long term care planning, revocable living, life insurance, special needs & charitable trusts, guardianships & conservatorships, and probate, trust & estate administration. Ms. Rowell is a qualified guardian ad litem for incapacitated adults.
Ms. Rowell and her daughter have enjoyed living in Bridgewater for the last ten years and look forward to many more years living and serving the community in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
- College of William & Mary, School of Law (2008)
- Virginia Tech (1996)
- United States Navy (1997-2002); Cryptologic Technician Interpretive Petty Officer Second Class (CTI2). Deployed in support of Operation Joint Forge and the NATO Stabilization Force in the Former Republic of Yugoslavia
- Recipient of Good Conduct Medal; Joint Service Achievement Medal; NATO Medal; Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Volunteer with Senior Troop 1111 of the Virginia Skyline Council of the Girl Scouts of America, Past President (2013)
- Bridgewater Ruritan Club
- Leadership Harrisonburg-Rockingham Class of 2019
- Member of Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association, Probate Committee
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Virginia Chapter
- Member of Virginia Bar Association
- Member of American Bar Association
- Qualified Guardian ad litem for Incapacitated Adults.