Quinton B. Callahan
Quinton B. Callahan was born and raised in Rockingham County. He began his legal career working for the United States Department of State, Office of Children’s Issues in Washington, D.C. He then practiced for several years in the courts of Northern Virginia representing and advocating for children before returning to the Shenandoah Valley in 2014.
Quinton focuses on commercial litigation involving banks, businesses, and construction. Quinton has experience in contract negotiations and preparation, payment disputes, mechanic’s liens, bond claims, construction defects, delay claims, insurance and OSHA matters. He represents banks, business owners, general contractors, subcontractors, property owners, design professionals and suppliers. He handles matters in federal and state courts, arbitration, and mediation for construction clients, banks and other financial entities, and a wide range of businesses. Quinton also counsels clients concerning business matters (including business formation), employment matters, and real estate.
Quinton is active in the Shenandoah Valley community and continues his commitment to children’s issues with his work as a Board Member of Blue Ridge CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Quinton lives in Harrisonburg with his wife Karen Silveira, a Certified Nurse-Midwife, and their two daughters.
- University of Richmond School of Law
- (2010) Virginia Tech (2007)
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association (President-Elect 2017-2018, Secretary 2015-2016)
- Member, Construction Law & Public Contracts Section, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Litigation Section, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Local Government Law Section, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Valley District of Associated General Contractors of Virginia
- Member, Shenandoah Valley Builders Association
- Blue Ridge Legal Services, Pro Bono Award (2015)
- Member, Board of Directors, Blue Ridge CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children), (Vice-President 2016-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Harrisonburg
- Member, BOLD (Building Optimal Leaders by Design) Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Steering Committee, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Harrisonburg-Rockingham
- Member, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Harrisonburg-Rockingham, Class of 2016