Bradley J. Moyers
Attorney At Law
Joined the Firm in 2002
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law, 1998
- B.A. in History and Political Science (cum laude), Bridgewater College, 1992
- Virginia State Bar
- Harrisonburg/Rockingham Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death actions
- Traffic Offenses
- Landlord and Tenant
- Contract and Collection matters
- Will challenges
- Pro-Bono Service Award, Blue Ridge Legal Services, 2003
- Virginia Super Lawyers© magazine, Rising Star, 2009
- Legal Counsel for the Virginia Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Muhlenberg Lutheran Church
- Build United Advisory Board
- Past President, Rebuilding Together Harrisonburg/Rockingham
- Past President, Belmont Civic Association
- Past President, Mountain View Elementary PTA
- Coach, Rockingham Rec League, Bridgewater Little League, Knights AAU
Brad grew up in Woodstock, Virginia and graduated from Central High School. He attended Bridgewater College and graduated with honors in 1992. After several years in the working world, Brad decided to pursue a legal career. He graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1998.
Brad’s legal career began as a prosecutor. After serving the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in Charlottesville as a third-year practitioner while in law school, he was hired as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Buchanan County, Virginia. He then moved back to Shenandoah Valley to serve as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in the Harrisonburg/Rockingham County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office.
Due to Brad’s extensive courtroom experience as a prosecutor, Clark & Bradshaw invited Brad to join its litigation team in 2002. In his years at the firm, Brad has represented the firm’s clients in many courtrooms throughout the Shenandoah Valley and beyond.
Brad’s has extensive experience litigating a wide array of cases. Brad has handled numerous business and real estate disputes including: partition actions, easement/right-of-way matters, adverse possession claims, breach of contracts and collections.
Brad also handles personal injury and wrongful death actions. He has assisted many clients who have been injured in auto accidents or who have lost loved ones as a result of someone else’s negligence or carelessness. The initial consultation is always free of charge in these types of cases.
Other areas where Brad has significant civil litigation experience include: landlord/tenant actions, challenges to Wills, construction disputes, damage to property, restoration of driving privileges and insurance claims.
Brad has also defended hundreds of clients in traffic and misdemeanor cases including: Driving under the influence/driving while intoxicated (DUI/DWI), Reckless Driving, Speeding, Accidents/Fail to Yield, assault and battery and others. Brad has been either prosecuting or defending these types of cases since 1999.
Brad lives in Bridgewater with his wife, two children and the family pets. He serves both the Harrisonburg and Woodstock offices of Clark & Bradshaw.