Mark B. Callahan
Joined the Firm in 1983
- Juris Doctor, Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
- B.A. in English, Jacksonville State University
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Bankruptcy Court of the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Bar Association
- Harrisonburg/Rockingham Bar Association
- “AV” Preeminent – Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™
- Rotary Club of Harrisonburg, since 1995
- Board of Directors and Corporate Secretary, Sunnyside Presbyterian Home, 2000–2015
- Rockingham County Fair Board, 2002–2005
- Harrisonburg Advisory Board of SunTrust Bank, 1995 until its dissolution in 2015
- Stonewall Jackson Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, 1995–2005
- Assistant Scout Master of Boy Scout Troop 124, 1999–2002
- Board of Deacons of First Presbyterian Church, 2003–2006
- President (1999) and Board Member (1990-1999), Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce
- Business law
- Construction law
- Civil litigation
- In Re: AMA Corp., 175 BR 894 (Banker. W.D. Va. 1995)
- Blair v. Crestar Bank, 188 F.3D 758 (4th Cir. 1999)
- Summit Community Bank v. Blue Ridge Shadows Hotel & Conference Center, LLC, et al. 428 B.R. 231 (W.D. Va 2010)
- Parkside Vill., LLC v. United Bank, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 56760, (W.D. Va. June 8, 2010)
Mr. Callahan was born in Decatur, Georgia. He attended Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama, where he obtained a BA degree, and subsequently attended Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, where he obtained a doctor of jurisprudence degree. He began practicing law with Clark & Bradshaw, P.C. in June 1983. In December 1986, he became a partner and shareholder.
Mr. Callahan’s practice areas are concentrated in business and banking law. Mr. Callahan provides all legal services necessary for banking and businesses to function in today’s legal environment. These areas include contract formation, interpretation and negotiation, construction law and general business counseling, including Purchase Sale Agreements for ongoing business.
In addition, Mr. Callahan has successfully taken many cases before arbitrators under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association with regard to construction disputes, generally on behalf of the general contractor.
Mr. Callahan has enjoyed representing his clients in all courts in the Shenandoah Valley including Front Royal, Winchester, Woodstock, Harrisonburg and Staunton since 1983. He regularly practices in the Circuit Courts of Warren, Frederick, Shenandoah and Rockingham Counties, along with United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, specializing in creditor’s rights. Mr. Callahan’s primary practice over his career has been devoted to keeping, or getting, his clients “out of trouble”. He has enjoyed representing many of the same clients for over thirty-five years and has established a personal repertoire with all of his clients and their representatives. He has done extensive work in the creditor’s rights field representing several large, regional banks and local community banks and most of the large construction concerns in the Harrisonburg/Rockingham area. Mr. Callahan has successfully tried cases before the United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
Much of Mr. Callahan’s success is due to his knowledgeable, supportive, long-term staff which allows him to manage a variety of cases through use of his capable staff in order to better serve his clientele at a reasonable cost versus benefit for services rendered.